Thursday, 9 June 2011

Wanderlust

Not two days ago I got the best news. Olly's passport has arrived!

Now this means a whole lot to me. It has taken almost eight long years to get Olly to renew his passport. Eight years without going on a "holiday" holiday with him. I have left the country a mere three times in those eight years having to leave him behind, feeling guilty about all the fun I'm having without him while I traipsed around Calais and ate delicious food at my Oma's in Ramstein.

Now it is different. Now I know we can go anywhere together and I sure am letting him know it! I already have several trips on the agenda. Firstly we'll pop over to Calais for the day with Olly's Dad who has been begging Olly to get a passport almost as long as I have. Then there will be the trip to my Oma's in August via a train to Paris then a train to Kaiserslautern, which I am very much looking forward to as there will be no baggage limits! There will also be another trip to Germany, a road trip with some of my dearest friends, I'm not sure when or how that will be but I know that it will be great.

And the one that I'm possibly most excited about is a trip to Barcelona next year for my birthday.

The Bonny Blueberry - Barcelona Mosaic
1. Barcelona, 2. Barcelona, 3. Guell Park gatehouse, Barcelona, 4. Barcelona 2009, 5. Ancient Ferris Wheel in Barcelona, 6. Barcelona, 7. Barcelona, 8. Barcelona, Joan Miro Fundacion, 9. Gaudi's chimneys, Palau Guell, Barcelona (IMG_5434a)

I went to Barcelona once before on a college art trip for about four days. I loved it. We had quite a lot of free time for wandering about the streets and were able to make our own ways to some of the galleries. We also weren't watched properly in the evenings... Which when you take a bunch of students aged between 16 and 18 probably wasn't a good idea, I do recall a fair few messes being made. We also were terrible and didn't properly eat any food that wasn't from McDonalds until the last day. I fully regret that decision as whatever it was that we did eat was pretty darn nice!

This time around though I want to go with Olly, I want to go to all the places I didn't get to before, go back to the places I loved, eat various strange foods and generally get lost in Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment