Autumn is practically here and still our tomatoes are growing. The picture above shows our one ripening tomato. Since this picture was taken, last Thursday, it has reddened considerably. I'm a little bit worried that the others that our growing will not reach the red you consider to be a lovely ripe tomato. Can you seen the middle green one on the left? I'm not sure when that one is planning to catch up! I think I'll have to find some recipes for green tomatoes. I also went back to work yesterday. It was so painful. Having to actually do things after two weeks of pure, dare I say, laziness was quite a shock to my system. I then discovered that most of my paperwork wasn't completed so had to catch up on all of that while preparing for a visit from our area manager. Not fun. It almost felt like I hadn't been away at all. However I have tomorrow off and I'm spending the day baking chocolate cupcakes, quite excited!
Before I went back to work I went to Margate for a nice day out with my Momma (She's the one pouring tea, but shh, don't tell her I posted that!) We went to Primark to pick up some new pjs and various bits of clothing. I got some lovely Cath Kidston style floral thermal type lounge pants and some cute owl themed pjs ready for the cooler autumn nights. We then had a quick break in The Cupcake Cafe where I enjoyed a lemon cake and a pot of Earl Grey tea. After the refreshing break we had a quick browse through the vintage shops of Old Town. This is where I fell in love.
Please ignore the black tights, lace up shoes, somewhat awkward pose and what I think is a vacuum cleaner behind my head. Lets focus on the beauty that is this vintage handmade dress. I fell in love with this dress in Madam Popoffs Vintage Emporium and at only £45 it is a steal! Admittedly I would take off the little bo peep sleeves and add a pretty petticoat to make this dress perfect. Sadly what you can't see in this picture is the fact that the back refused to do up. A fault of my modern day waist unfortunately, this dress was made for a much skinnier girl who knew not the pleasures of Lucky Charms, Krispy Kreme donuts and deep fried lard (Olly's suggestion) I was distraught to leave this dress but there was no convincing it and I wasn't about to rip it in an attempt to make it fit. This was the very first wedding dress I had tried on and has confirmed exactly what I want in a wedding dress. I did buy a vintage pattern last year when I still had the notion that I would make my own dress.
I was planning on making view 3 and having view 2 as my bridesmaids dresses. I'm still in love with this idea and almost reconsidering making my dress again. Part of me thinks that I'm not such a control freak that I'd be perfectly happy with any dress, but another much bigger part is thinking that I won't find anything as pretty as what is in my head. Last year I had the foresight to ask for The Party Dress by Simon Henry as one of my christmas presents. It is a brilliant book that helps you make your own body blocks and use them to make pretty much any dress you like. Perhaps combing the pattern and the book might help me make the dress of my dreams?

No comments:
Post a Comment