Yesterday I had a wonderful day. I met up with a dear friend for cake, cups of tea and photographic adventures. I ran out of 120 film quite early in the day so went to Jessops to buy some more. However the man I spoke to there said they've never stocked any despite me insisting that I bought some there in January. Apparently it was not normal stock and was being sent out to store to try and sell the last of the companies stock and he had never seen it in his 5 years of working there 3 days a week and I must have just got lucky. (Run on rant sentence much!) So I gave up and tried the independent camera shop in town.
What a revelation that was! Canterbury Cameras was the best thing to happen to me but also the worst thing to happen to my disposable income! I went in on the off chance and not only did they sell 120 film, it was also the film that I'd seen the most positive results with on my internet searches. Now at this point I'd been carrying 4 finished rolls of 120 film in my bag for a month and a half, I couldn't help fancying my chances as to whether or not they'd be able to process and print my film. My luck was in, yes they did process AND print 120 film, am I shooting on a Holga or Diana? Not only did I get the film, I am able to get it processed and printed without sending it off! My life has changed so much since that moment. I went in today to collect my prints and drop more film in and the fellow (I'm sure I'll learn his name soon enough) was happy to inform me that my prints turned out fine. Above are a few of my favourite's from the four rolls I had developed although my scanner did strange things to the shape of them. I also have more on my flickr
No comments:
Post a Comment