Wednesday, 2 November 2011

I'm The Keeper Of The Bee's, As You Know.

I'm not entirely sure how I found it, but find it I did and let me tell you, it's love.

Picture from Tiny Owl Knits
This is it the fantastic Tiny Owl Knits "The Beekeeper's Quilt" and there is nothing that I dislike about it. Actually there is one tiny little thing. And that's the fact that it took over a year to make the one pictured, and will likely take me a million times longer as I intend on making one that can cover both me and Olly as we're sat on the sofa. Olly is 6'4". That is a whole lot of person to cover. It will most likely end up being Super King Size.

However, I intend on persevering for several reasons. One is that it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Two is that it's going to be super warm, you knit in the round and then stuff as you go, joining all the tiny hexipuffs together at the end. And the third reason is that it's something that I can see our grandchildren wrapped up in on Christmas Eve far into the distant future. That's how I justified it's potential cost to Olly anyway!

I decided that I wanted to try out Koigu as suggested as I've never used it before and the video that Stephanie Dosen made to introduce the pattern won me over. The colour patterns on Koigu KPPPM are beautiful. I decided the only way to go for it would be to buy 2 skeins every payday of different colourways and knit until I ran out. I placed my order with Loop Sunday morning, they haven't turned up yet as there was an error with one of my chosen colourways. I saw a missed call on my phone from another number I didn't recognise. When I called it back it was Loop, but it was so out of context I was super confused and must really confused the woman on the other end of the call! Everything was sorted out and hopefully I can start this just for fun and me project soon!

1 comment:

  1. WOWOW ambitious! You should get this pic printed and hang it on your wall as a contant reminder. It is completely FABULOUS by the way :)

    ReplyDelete