Thursday, 4 August 2011

Funland Thursday!

On the Thursday to celebrate my Grandad's 74th birthday we went back to Hayling Island to Beachlands and Funland (I sense a theme here... Lot's of land.) First we went to the beach for a picnic and some paddling.

The Bonny Blueberry

Yeah, there was quite a breeze coming off the sea, my hair isn't usually styled like that. That dress was also affected by the wind, I had to clamp it between my legs to varying degrees of success. Olly went for the folded arms unimpressed look which I'd say he has perfected.


The Bonny Blueberry

We were joined in our paddle by my cousin Saffron. For a very long time, sixteen years to be exact, I was the only granddaughter on this side of the family having been followed by six boys but now I have Saffron. It's nice to finally have some company!

092

She's a mini fashionista in the making! Here she is wearing my hat, sunglasses and cardigan. As I said, it was very cold in that wind.

074

Logan, who is Saffron's little brother was there too, though he refused to paddle. He spent a lot of this time throwing pebbles at a can. We all had a go but it was Olly who showed a surprising amount of athletic talent and knocked it down the most.

099

When we went to Funland, I was the designated accompanying adult who got to go on all the rides. It has been a long time since I have been on any rides, Olly is a bit of a anti-thrill-junkie. However he did take a few pictures of us on rides from a distance. You can just about see me and my waving arm at the back of the carriage!

103

Apparently I was smiling when he pressed the button, but I had just realised what was about to happen. Yep, it only just clicked that I was going up and about to be soaked with a large amount of disgusting fair water after falling down a steep drop with only gravity holding me in place. Stupid gravity. In looking at this picture I've only just noticed the creepy barbed wire on the fence behind us...

1 comment: