




I thought I'd do a little recap of the week I spent at my grandparents house for posterity, so this week I'm posting what we did on the respective days of last week. I rarely get to go down and visit all my Hampshire/West Sussex family as neither Olly or I drive and it's quite expensive to go via train for a night. I know coach is cheaper, but I can't bring myself to do it! I hate the stuffiness of coaches and the fact you invariably end up sitting behind/in front of someone with less than awesome personal hygiene.
Anyway, I digress. The last time we went down to visit was October 2004! Yeah, quite some time. I haven't seen many of my very large familial contingent down there since then so it was pretty awesome to see them and catch up.
On the Tuesday we went to Fort Nelson which is a Royal Amoury. I'm not going to lie. I did not pay attention to anything while we were there, I mostly took pictures of my cousin Logan running around and us walking through tunnels. The tunnels were pretty cool, you were never quite sure where you were going to come out! I think Olly found it interesting, they had loads of old cannons and military vehicles. We also saw them firing a cannon which is pretty loud! They were going through a refurbishment which is to be finished this week, so I'm not sure if there were other things to see. I think I might be too girly to really enjoy it but the boy's seemed to!
After that we went to Hayling Island for a cup of tea and some ice cream. I love going to Hayling Island! It reminds me of being such a small kid and begging to go on the arcades and the rides, now I'm a grown-up (!) I don't have to ask anymore but more of that later. We ended up spending a fair while on some 2p machines during which I won nothing which is quite depressing really. More exciting times to come tomorrow when I share a great deal of spending!
No comments:
Post a Comment